As a company that has worked remotely for over 30 years, we know what it takes to empower our people with the right equipment and programs.
Remote working provides the flexibility to work in an environment best suited for each person. As a company working remotely for decades, Public Knowledge® learned how to successfully navigate the virtual working landscape without sacrificing the quality of work or human connection.
Having the Right Resources Matters
Having the suitable systems and equipment to succeed while remote working is essential. We are happy to share our tried-and-true resources that allow our people to have a streamlined workday while limiting technical issues.
Equipment for Success
Working remotely means using dependable equipment to connect with our clients and colleagues. We provide our people with reliable equipment, such as:
Yes, this is just the basics; we do know there can be confusion on what is the best option. That’s why we have compiled a checklist with links to easily shop for your new home office set-up. Keep reading to download the checklist!
Tools for Remote Work
We recommend considering the use of a collaboration tool if you intend to lead and manage a remote team. These systems help provide an environment of information sharing and ease
Fully Integrated Tools
- Microsoft Teams is a game-changer when it comes to real-time collaboration and communication. Video conferencing, virtual meetings, file sharing, planner tools, chats and emojis—oh my!
- Knowledge sharing is one of our core values, which is one of the many reasons why we love SharePoint—and the ease of accessing, managing and sharing documents.
- Outlook is a robust emailing and calendar system that works well with the other Microsoft products.
- From Gmail to Google Drive, the Google Suite is just one of the many tools in our belt to help us manage our time and resources.
Integration Capable Tools
- Asana and Monday.com are project management tools that integrate with other platforms like Slack, Google Drive and Mailchimp. The integration enables the use of communication tools to keep your team continuously informed and in the loop.
- For those who like to plan their tasks visually while collaborating, Trello is the way to go. This platform gives you the ability to put tasks in different categories, providing clear direction on projects of all sizes.
- Airtable is a great organizational tool and dynamic database system. It can be structured to meet your needs and as integration capabilities with the deployment of additional products like Zapier.
Video Conferencing Tools
Microsoft Teams Video Conferencing
- Microsoft Teams has a video conference capability within the fully integrated platform.
Zoom Video Conferencing
- Zoom is a good alternative for those needing a better video conferencing option. Its intuitive interface, scalability, and end-to-end encryption make this program an ideal choice.
GoTo Video Conferencing
- GoTo Video Conferencing has great scalability if you have a need for larger number of participants.
Leading Remote Teams
Remote working is an exciting opportunity to connect with people all over the country and beyond. As a management consulting firm with people all across the U.S. and Canada, Public Knowledge® greatly benefits from dependable methods of virtual connection. We successfully maintain client and personal relationships with people within our firm by choosing the right tools. Finding the right tools will help provide the framework necessary to lead remote teams. The way your document sharing, calendars, and communications function will set the tone for how you will operate. Therefore, it is a vital first step in working remotely.